Helpful Advice for Packing, Moving & Storing Boxes
Here are a few tips and tricks to pack like a pro, making moving more efficient and finding your stored goods easier! For more information, give Southbend Storage a call—we’re your trusted storage facility in Quesnel.
- Be sure to fill all boxes to capacity to ensure boxes won’t collapse when stacked on top of each other.
- Try to keep boxes the same size and shape to make stacking easier.
- Clearly label content of boxes on all four sides.
- Remove table and chair legs if possible to allow for easy stacking on top of appliances.
- Wrap small or fragile items in blankets or towels and store in empty drawers.
- Store light or breakable items, such as dishes, on top of heavier boxes.
- Leave an aisle or walkway free in your unit to allow for access to items at the back.
- Keep items you will need readily available (IE seasonal décor, patio furniture, etc.) at the front of your unit.
- Use a protective floor covering, pallets or skids to places boxes and items on.
- Avoid storing valuables like furs, money and jewellery and do not store perishable food items or hazardous materials.
- Always keep your unit locked.